Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Catching Up... January Edition!!!

     January has been a busy month to say the least! I have really put the pressure on myself to get back into some sort of a routine.  It's been pretty difficult.
  
     First things first... I turned 25 years old on January 2nd!  It was an awesome birthday. I got a few gift cards and had dinner with family and enjoyed a day out with my wonderful husband and two very beautiful daughters.  That in itself was a wonderful gift, the best!

  
      A few days later we picked Hannah up from day care and she had thrown up once right before we got there and then had another episode while we were on our way home... GROSS! A two year old strapped down in a car seat who is practically projectile vomiting and going into complete panic mode is no fun, actually it's horrible! So I pulled over and Kyle got Hannah out of the car cleaned her and her car seat as good as possible until we could get home.  We fed her applesauce, crackers and water for dinner, gave her a warm bath, put her to bed about 7:30 and prayed she wouldn't get sick again... Luckily, she only had those two episodes and that was the end of it! Over the next couple of days I noticed Olivia had started sneezing a lot and then after that a dry cough started and seriously the next day that cough turned into a wet croupy cough.  She was only running a low grade temperature around 99.3 so I knew it wasn't too serious.  It was Friday and I kept getting this gut feeling that I needed to take her to the doctor and get that cough checked out because I knew how dangerous a cough can be for a newborn.  She technically wasn't a "newborn" but she was only 30 days old and it was too close for my comfort.  So I made her an appointment, when the doctor heard her cough he immediately thought she had RSV.  RSV is basically a cold for children and adults over one year old but in children especially newborns it can be quite dangerous because they cough so much they can't catch their breath and their oxygen levels drop, so on and so fourth.  It is the number one thing that will send a newborn back to the hospital with a guarantee to stay at least one night! NO THANKS! Turns out she just had a bad upper respiratory cold, which resulted in a double ear infection. A antibiotic and 4 days later she was showing signs of improvement and I could tell she was already feeling better.

     I've also been busy planning Hannah's 2nd birthday party... OMG!!!! By baby girl isn't a baby anymore [tear].  She has taken up a new love for Elmo so I decided that he was going to be the theme for her birthday party!  I found some super cute invites on Etsy.com and ordered a few things like cup cake toppers, a little personalized happy birthday sign, treat bag ties, and balloons... The girl did a wonderful job and I just adore the colors! Kyle and I made a trip to Party City and ToysRUs to make the final touches.  I am so excited and can't wait to decorate! It was a bit hectic doing it at my house last year so we decided to do it at our church, especially since we are inviting the kids from her class and I don't want a bunch of little 2 year olds destroying my house! ha! We got Hannah a few things for her birthday and one I am particularly excited to give her.  This year we got her an art table with a chalk board and dry erase board on it, a couple Elmo's World DVDs, a baby bye bye set with a little pack-n-play, diaper bag w/changing pad, and a stroller [I think], and my favorite a little Four Wheeler [barbie style] lol... Yes that's right when we went to the toy store we saw it there and looked it over then I decided to get Hannah to sit on it to see if she even liked it.  Sure enough she LOVED it and it was all over after I showed her where the [go] button was! She has to work on her turning skills but none the less she was in love with it and kept saying Mo! Mo! Gin! Gin! [translated More! and Again!] so I think that one will be a big hit!!! Her party is next Saturday the 4th and I'm soooo excited!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...