Thursday, February 16, 2012

During the 2nd Month!

Olivia is 2 months old ALREADY! Time flies with one baby but when you put 2 in the mix it's gone twice as fast.
I have so much to update about my sweet Olivia.  Besides the fact that she's seriously an amazing baby, she's growing at insane rates!  She smiled her first smile at 6 weeks old.  And ever since she has worked so hard to perfect this new talent. Olivia has learned how to kick her feet and wave her arms around when she's excited or happy.  I've been working hard to get us all into a routine and the best place to start (for me) was working on a feeding schedule. Olivia is not a fussy baby at all and hasn't been from day one. THANK GOODNESS! She's been very content and loud noises don't bother her unless its unusual...
Since she's started smiling it absolutely makes days a lot sweeter.  I can't wait for her to wake up after her naps so I can see her smile again. She started holding her head up really well at about 6 weeks and we put her in the Bumbo seat at 7 1/2 weeks she did very well but only tolerated it for a short amount of time.  I try to let her nap on her belly but if she's on it when she's wide awake that lasts maybe 10 minutes before she screams her head off because she can't look up and around.
Things that I have fallen in love with and have been very useful since she was born are:
~My Breast Friend (breast feeding pillow)
~Sling (to carry her around in)
~Fridge togo (to carry milk and bottles if she gets hungry while we're out)
~A mini Pack-n-Play
~Bumbo seat
~Zipper or Snap onesies
~Mittens
~Medela breast pump (I cannot explain how much I love this pump!)
~Olive Oil... It's actually great to use on the pump and it supposedly has some sort of healing agent)
~Victoria secret bras! Wow I'd forgotten how much I missed them because I was making due with the bra's I used with Hannah (cheap) and I gave in and bought one the other day and it's more than comfortable! So well worth the money in my opinion!!!  ;)
~New Born Enfamil... I am breast feeding but when she hits those growth spurts it sure is nice to supplement with formula to give my poor boobs a rest! lol
Olivia is cooing and smiling more and more every day!  She is still eating every three hours that includes night time too but occasionally she will sleep 4 hours at night.  Most nights she will go right back to sleep after I feed her so I am able to get pretty good sleep.  I cannot explain in enough words how amazing it is having been blessed with one beautiful little girl who is such a happy individual but to be blessed with two happy and healthy little girls makes me speechless.  God is good ALL the time!

Happy 2 months old Olivia and Happy Valentines Day to my sweet girls and my hunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...