Monday, June 18, 2012

My New Favorite Place

We were lucky enough to have these cabins in Lansing, NC as our newest addition to the family!  We now have a little place tucked in the middle of nowhere! Perfect! 

Our cabin named The Big Easy!!



Our cabin is on the Right Josh and Lydia's is on the right you can see a corner of it!


Back porch



This is the back side of Josh and Lydia's Cabin!
The boys were busy put steps in!
Removed overgrowth around the fire pit!
Josh and Lydia's hot tub!
We stayed there for the first time this past weekend and it was the most relaxed I'd been in at least a month.  With it being only two hours away the drive wasn't that bad so we are definitely looking forward to making more weekend trips up! 

This kid loves the water!!

Of course even though it was freezing she still wanted to get in


One of the most exciting things about it is that the cabin is right beside my sister and Josh's cabin! They were sold as a pair so we lucked out there.  The cabins are at most 20 feet off a large Trout fed creek!  Kyle and I went up this weekend to work on it some and Josh came up this weekend as well unfortunately since Lydia was working she had to stay home.  But the guys got a lot accomplished and it looks even better!  Ours needs a little TLC to kick it back into shape but I love it!  I love everything little nook and crannie about this cabin.  I love all the great qualities about it and all the things wrong with it too!  I've got such a good feeling about it and I get a real sense of home (peace) when I stayed there.  When we got home Sunday I stood outside after dark looking up at the sky longing to see the huge star filled sky that I saw just the night before.  I willed the stars to shine as brightly as they had up at the cabin and I know that my heart is starting to uproot itself to Lansing, NC!! 

I could not be more pleased to say that my family will be spending a lot more time in God's country!!!! 


It needs some major and minor updates but in due time....


 




First fish caught!


The mountain air just puts her right to sleep!

Parkway beauty!

I was intrigued with this hotel/resort in the distance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...