Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend in Charleston!

This is late I know... So here I go catching up on a weekend that happened almost a month ago!

We drove down to Charleston to stay with Kyle's brother Bradley Memorial Day weekend.  We left Thursday to so we could enjoy 3 full days down there.  Traffic was surprisingly better than I expected until we were roughly 20 minutes away and they were in the final clean up stages of a terrible wreck that happened earlier that evening.  Four hours was a true nightmare for me in a car with a 5 month old and it was a nightmare becoming reality!  No, seriously!  Praise the Lord that Kyle's parents went ahead and took Hannah with them that morning because I think I would have seriously gone insane with both of them that day!  OK fussed/cried about 3/4ths of the trip down there so a trip that should have taken at most 4 hours, took over 5!  We stopped and stopped and then stopped again.  I absolutely considered driving a rental home (ha! just kidding!).  We I was so stressed out by the time we arrived I was totally unable to wind down until about one in the morning. 

Luckily we had three good days to unwind from the stresses that NC had given us too!  Friday we didn't do too much (thankfully!).  We enjoyed the company of Kyle's family and just enjoyed being lazy, playing with my girls!  Saturday we got dressed in our swimsuits and headed to Daniels Island for some fun on the beach!  My girls looked absolutely precious, adorable, squeezable and just perfect in their swimsuits.  I know I'm bragging just a touch.  Between Hannah's ruffles and OK's baby rolls I was in girlie girl heaven! We lasted on the beach about two hours and it was so windy the sand felt like needles on our bare skin.  Went back to Bradley's had lunch put the girls down for a nap and when the woke up we went for Ice Cream!!!



Sunday morning we went to a Flea Market and it was pretty big compared to the ones at home and it was packed!  We came home and took a walk around Bradley's neighborhood which is huge ginormous!!  We had to really pay attention because you can actually get lost in it.  Seriously!!! Monday was a sad day because we had to leave and I had forgot to get a rental car to drive home (separately) again just kidding!!! Though a girl can dream, right?!? Again praising the good Lord above because our return trip was much easier than the arrival trip and I thanked my lucky stars for that.


We had such a blast down there and it was OK's first trip to the beach.  She was none to interested in the sand, water, or the fact she had to stay in her car seat to give her shade idea but she tolerated it as well as to be expected by a 5 month old.  Once Hannah realized the world wasn't falling out from under her feet when she stepped in the water she loved the ocean and sand.  Our first beach trip to Charleston was a success and it was very relaxing but I think we'll wait until December before we have to drive back down there (our cruise!!). 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...