Wednesday, December 7, 2011

CHRISTmas is Here.... (almost)!

The last 2 or 3 weeks have been super busy!  I finally was able to get my Christmas decorations up and there is just something about having your entire house decked out with trees, lights, red and green nic-naks, garland, and to top it all off I have Christmas tree smelling candles that I can't wait to light up and let their scent carry all through the house!  This is by far my most favorite time of year!  Although I have noticed that any holiday with children gets more and more exciting especially as they grow.  lol... 



Tree #1!


We were not sure what Hannah would think of the trees this year, last year she didn't even mess with them surprisingly, and then this year again to my surprise she just walks up to it every now and then and points at the ornaments and says "ooo pretty".  We finished all of our shopping by the last weekend in November, the kicker is wrapping all of them.  Not a huge fan of wrapping, especially since I'm 9 months pregnant.  I feel so squished when I'm sitting on the floor bending over trying to cut the paper, tape it, or just roll it out! ha!

Of course I added Hannah's first ornament!

Tree # 2!


I am extremely excited though because I know Hannah will be ripping into her presents this year and it worries me that I wont be home for this exciting time... 8(

Kyle was a sweetheart and helped me wrap almost all of the gifts we had and it took FOREVER! I need to wrap the rest of them this week and I'm thinking, WHEN?

I have to wrap them this week because Kyle and I decided to do a joint gift to each other of something we both wanted and they are coming in on Friday!!! We got our living room a new couch and our sun room a coffee table and two end tables!! It's going to look fantastic once its in there and all the clutter is cleaned out but it is getting to that point that sucks!

I also need to pack my bag(s) for the hospital!! GEESH! I so do NOT want to do this!! I started packing Hannah's bag at least, we may in the hospital as little as 24 hours or as long as 3 1/2 days!  So I have to plan ahead and pack her Christmas dress (one of them anyway) 3 changes of clothes, diapers, butt paste, shoes, socks, her stuffed animals (that she sleeps with so they can wait), and then since it's cold season I have to pack stuff in case she gets sick! I hope to get diaper bag and our bag packed sometime this weekend.  And put the car seat in the car (yes I know I am so unprepared!). 

I am semi putting things on hold until after my finals and then once they are done then I feel like I can really begin working on things to get stuff done.  Believe it or not Olivia's room is still not finished.  Of course I am hoping and praying that she will grace us with her presence like several days before Christmas so we can be home. 

In between the craziness of Christmas shopping, work, and school we have managed to squeeze in some things.  One being Hannah's 2nd Santa excursion and bless her heart she was absolutely horrified of him! I have never heard her scream like that in my entire life, not even with shots!

Tree # 3!




Fixing to go to our first Christmas party of the year.

This is something new for the month of December... She has perfected the pouty face!

Hannah was thrilled wasn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...