Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hannah is 22 months old!

Oh my goodness! How did my teenie tiny baby get so big? I mean her features looks so different yet so much the same. 

I still can't get over how lean she has become and how smart she is! 

New things lately:

~ Eating better than ever with a fork or spoon
~ Running all over the place
~ Playing chase
~ Probably says 3 to 5 word sentences.  You can't always understand what she is saying but I generally get the idea... I guess I'm learning baby talk as quickly as she is learning to talk lol
~ Learned what a boo boo is and wants us to kiss it to make it feel better
~ Totally a Mommy's girl
~ She has a lot of favorite words but right now the way she says and draws out the word no is my personal favorite.
~ Refuses to eat some foods now, she won't even try it
~ Gives "big" hugs and loves to give kissy's
~ When she first started saying her name it came out sounding like "Hannie" now she's got it down and says "Hannahhh" (really pronouncing the nah sound)
~ She can say all of her ABC's
~ She can count to 10
~ The new songs she's learned are
     ~ Twinkle Twinkle Little Start
     ~ Jesus Loves Me
     ~ A few parts of Ol' McDonald
     ~ Itsy Bitsy Spider
     ~ The Barney song- I Love You...
     ~ The ABC's
     ~ Some parts of Happy Birthday
The only thing I can gather is that they are really working with them at daycare.  I sing these songs with Hannah but she usually starts singing them first and I just practice with her. 

~ She still loves books, books, and more books
~ She loves to be cuddled when its bed time... Which I EAT UP! I love a good snuggle buddy and why not do it with my babies?? 
~ Before I'd ask her "Who's going to be a big sister?" she'd raise her hand and say "meeee"... Now I say "Hannah are you going to be a big sister?" and she puts this little mischievous smile on and says "noooo"
~ She now points at my belly... my very huge belly (might I add) and says "baby seester"
~ I've tried to get her to say Olivia and it comes out a jumbled mess, we will work on that later haha
~ She adores Elmo and loves Winnie the Pooh every time we get in the van (although she watches Elmo) she says Pooh and Tigger!
~ Her birthday theme is Elmo so I'm going to let her get in as much Elmo as possible that way she's very VERY familiar with Elmo! ha!
~ She poo-pooed in her diaper a few weeks ago and every time I'd ask her if she did she would respond with a No so I fussed at her and told her to say yes if she poo-pooed in her diaper, not no. So now every time she pees in her diaper she says poo-poo (repeatedly!) I guess that's my fault. 
~ Hannah still gets very jealous when I pick my nephew Braylon up or just play with him.  She wants to be right in the mix and repeats every move and every word I make or say! It's kind of cute but it worries me about what the future is going to hold!
~ Hannah is most definitely entering into the terrible two's but she has so many days too where she is just a doll baby! She is so loving and has such a big heart. 
~ She loves our Chihuahua Reece and surprisingly Reece loves her too.  Most Chihuahua's are aggressive towards kids but these two are meant for each other!  Now if Hannah gets too rough Reece will run and hide but most of the time she's pretty gentle and LOVES to share her food with her!
~ Hannah's hair is growing like crazy now and cutting it is harder than I thought it would be!
~ Hannah also has every tooth in her mouth except for her last molars (what is it 4 or 8?) I thought seeing that toothless gummie smile was adorable but seeing all those teeth and a big smile is even better!
~ She is still in a lot of 18 month clothes but is starting to get into more 24 month shirts and even some pants especially the ones you can tighten up on the insides (greatest invention for kids EVER!) I'm pretty sure she is hitting a growth spurt or just hit one because it's like her 24 month shirts that were too long in the sleeves and her 24 month pants that were too long are now suddenly starting to fit!

There are probably a million other "new" things she has started doing over the past couple of months until now but I think I've listed the majority of them! I love having her in a daycare facility, they have taught her tons of awesome things that I probably would never know how to teach but I miss seeing her throughout the day and I just love spending time with her! God has given me the greatest gift and that is to be a mother and oh how I am thankful for that!  I will love my Hannah (and Olivia) forever and for always! 


Look at my sweet girl this time last year!!!

And now.... amazing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...