Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Scary Wednesday!

I was on my way to class Wednesday morning just like usual.  The sun was out and bright as ever, I remember thinking man I'm glad its to my back and not blinding me.  I was at a stop light on 74 in Shelby there were about 15 to 20 cars in front of me.  I was actually running later than usual, my class doesn't start until 9 but I like to get there early to catch up on reading and get caught up on assignments.  Early I mean I would prefer to leave my house around 6:30 in order to get to GWU by 7:30 plus I beat school traffic! 

Well, this morning it was cool and crisp and I just didn't get moving like I should have been.  I remember calling my sister to talk because I was sitting in traffic and getting really sleepy.  She didn't answer... About the time I looked down to set my phone in the center console I heard the squeal of tires on asphalt... I thought to myself, as I tensed up (which you should NEVER do... unless you want to be sore) Oh good Lord please don't let this happen again!! If you look at my previous posts back in April, click here I was in an accident where someone rear-ended me! I swear I must have a target on my car it doesn't matter what car I drive people aim for it! ha-ha...

I didn't even have time to look in my rear view mirror before I felt the jolt of being hit by another persons car.  I think my brain was stuck in delay mode for maybe 5 seconds and I was brought back to reality when I saw the car that hit me pull around to the right of me and pull off on the side of the road.  I too pulled off to the side in the grass in front of him and I again thoughts passed through my head that the grass was wet and slick, was I going to be able to get off this slope I've driven into.  Crazy random thoughts I had and I actually remembered them!

I climb out of my car and look at the car that hit me, that's when I realized he didn't hit me, it was the lady behind him who hit him and then hit me!! She was going at least 55 mph when she barreled into him!  He said he saw her coming and she wasn't slowing down so he tried to pull into the other lane... Thank goodness he didn't! But he did turn his wheels enough that he actually was the one who ended up taking most of the impact.  I looked at their cars, the back end of his was smashed, he was driving a Honda Pilot and she was driving a KIA Soul.  Evidently at the last second she tried to pull around him to prevent from hitting him and ended up pushing him out of the way and then hitting me.  The metal down the left (front) side of her car was almost peeled completely back to the front door.  There was debris all over the road, shards of plastic and metal shards and glass pieces.  Neither of the cars were drivable after that, except mine.  So I know my guardian angel was watching over me with extra care that day!

I called Kyle and he wanted me and the baby to get checked out so I figured I'd call my doctor's office and see if they could squeeze me in.  They gave me orders to go straight to the triage at the Birth Place in Gastonia because they would need to monitor me/the baby and make sure everything was okay.  That was when I began to freak out a little bit.  I held it together long enough to get the information I needed for the wreck from the police officers and then as I was on my way to the hospital I began crying (not the best thing to do while driving) but Kyle reassured me and told me he was going to meet me there.  I calmed down and go to the hospital and walked up to triage.

The nurses there were all super nice and showed me my "room" which was super small!  The nurse told me to undress and she would hook me up to the monitors.  She also informed me that I was going to have to stay there and get monitored for at least 4 hours!!! WHAT?! I wasn't prepared for that at all!  Don't get me wrong I was glad they wanted to watch Olivia's heartbeat but dang 4 hours +? That seems like foreverrrrrr! But we obviously weren't going to leave! Miss Olivia was monitored for 4 hours and 20 minutes and then I finally was able to get dressed and get discharged!  She had a strong heartbeat in the 140's no decels and was doing perfect! I however, went home and rested for the rest of the evening.  The soreness oddly didn't kick in until late that night and the pain I was in around my back/waist area and around my rib cage woke me up in tears!!! I took the only pain remedy I could have (Tylenol) and took a hot shower.  I was able to relax my muscles enough to get some rest. 

I told Kyle that I was kind of surprised how sore I was, I felt like they didn't hit me that hard but I guess when your body is kind of out of its norm in the first place it doesn't take much.  I am just thankful that I wasn't (or Olivia of course) wasn't hurt worse and the knowing it came very close to being a lot worse scares me but I also am so thankful to the Lord! He has protected us once again!

So since I was unable to finish up my 30 days of thanks in November I am going to finish them on here!

Day 30~ I was thankful for being protected by the good Lord and my sweet baby girl is doing perfect from our little bump up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...