Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Probably Silly

This is probably silly but I am so tired of hearing it! Co-workers... yes I am pregnant, yes I am "sticking" out there and yes I realize my boobs are big just like my stomach, and yes I am sure to you who only sees me once a week thinks that I do grow over night! So why do you constantly feel the need to tell me every day that my stomach is bigger than it was yesterday, or that my boobs are catching up with my stomach???  I don't need the reminder I walk around 24/7 with the bump and the boobs, so I promise you I havent forgotten about either!

But honestly blog friends why is it that people feel the need to constantly tell me that my stomach baby bump is "sticking waaaay out there today, more than yesterday"? 

Maybe I should give them ALL the benefit of the doubt that they just dont realize how pregnant I really am?  Like 7 months pregnant, meaning 28 weeks, further meaning I have only 12 weeks left...  I worked wtih the public, with strangers and people I knew pretty well when I was pregnant with Hannah and it wasnt until maybe the last couple weeks of work that they were asking me questions like if I thought I would make it to February... But not this crowd... Nope they as I said above feel the constant need to tell me (now) how my belly is sticking out or heres a new one I heard just this morning "Man, you really are growing over night!" nice... really nice...

Is it bad that my sensitivity level of caring how what I say makes them feel has become almost non-existant?

Please don't think I am a girl who needs to hear she looks great and blah, blah, blah... To be honest I'd rather not hear a thing! But I do miss my old job where my friends wouldnt tell me how big they thought I was getting!

I am in my 3rd and final trimester and I will be 29 weeks on Sunday, so maybe its my hormones flying around all crazy and out of wack again but it has become an increasing annoyance hearing constant remarks.

My remarks to them are getting less sweet and more snippy.  Can you blame me?  My short reply is "Well isnt that how it is supposed to be this far along?" Of course they are like well yeah, and we head in our separate ways.  But I have a feeling that if I continue to hear these little remarks I will say something that will hurt one of their feelings.  But I dont know what else to do!?

Again if you think this is a silly blog post I am sorry but I had to HAD TO get this off my chest and maybe now I can let it go! But then again who knows?

1 comment:

  1. no girl...it's not silly...i remember feeling the exact same way. I just don't think people think before they speak....or they forgot or don't know what it is like to be preggo!! I agree...I would have rathered people not say anything at all. Personally, I think you don't even look 28 weeks...I'm not just saying that...you are small!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...