Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New is Good!

The transition of going back to work this week has been much better than I'd ever imagined it would be.  I was so worried about Monday that I had gotten myself all stressed out and only got about 4 hours of sleep that night.  But Monday came and went and was over before I even realized it!

Monday wasn't just any typical Monday though.... On top of it being my first week back to work it was also daylights savings time and on top of it being daylights savings time, I get to work to find my computer (which may I point out hasnt been used in 3 months) CRASHED!!!! No I was not the individual who saves every piece of information on a flash drive so I lost E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!!! I'm pretty sure there were things on there that I'd forgotten about that were lost.  So when I finally got a computer late Tuesday morning I had to try to pick up where I left of 3 months ago with a new computer.  NOT FUN! But as I said earlier Monday came and went and so did my stress. 

When I got home Monday to my surprise my sweet husband had dinner READY! Wow.... I was speechless! I mean I have an amazing husband but come on y'all, he is a man.  And that man had dinner ready not one night but both Monday and Tuesday night!

With our routine in full swing the transition has been a lot easier.  When supper is finished we bathe the girls and say our night, night prayers and try to have them both tucked in and asleep by 7:30 - 8:00.  Since they get up so early we want them to get as much sleep as possible to make the mornings a tiny bit less dramatic (Hannah is NOT a morning person).  We then get lunches packed, bottles made and get our own showers as well as maybe a load of laundry here and there.  So far we are doing great, but it leaves no room for anything extra.  It's just easiest to be home in the evenings where as before we would have dinner with his/my parents one or two nights a week.

Now on to the "new" part besides the new routine....
Yesterday I received an offer I couldn't say no to.  My boss offered me a seat at a Trade Show (FTA) in San Antonio, Texas!!! This trip lasts a week because our company's sales meeting is taking place that same week as well, so I'll be attending that.  I feel this is the necessary step for me to take and I am so excited I could scream!!! I am super nervous because I have to leave my family behind but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and the seat became avaliable just yesterday. I've never attended anything like this and so I hope that after it's all said and done It'll be worth the week away from home.  We will be flying out Saturday morning, yes you read it correctly THIS SATURDAY morning.... and won't be back until the following Friday.  I'll be with my brother and B-I-L and there will be a few ladies that I work with going as well so I know I'll be in good hands. 

With that being said the Big Question, that everyone seems to ask is, Where will the babies stay? Well folks, they will be staying with their daddy!!! He will play Mr. Mom and Dad next week while I'm gone.  Although, I know him and I know his momma, so I know for sure that he will be well fed and the girls will be spoiled!

Surprisingly, he was the one who pushed me to go on this trip.... He thought it would be a fantastic opportunity and that I'd be crazy to pass it up.  After all, it is only a week.  I'm just going to miss them so dang much.  I have faith in Kyle and I know he will do a wonderful job with the girls because quite frankly he adores them.  So look out San Antonio here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...