Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thinking/Writng/Typing Randoms....

I've been away for a few days so I'm going to catch up by typing a completely random post....

First things first, this week was officially my last week off with the girls!!!! WAIT! WHAT? I know it's flown by (at least to me).  My boss says that its definitely felt like 3 months to her since I've left, but I feel like its been 3 weeks instead of 12! Trust me I know how lucky I was to be able to have stayed out with OK and Hannah for that amount of time but it is absolutely heartbreaking to leave my babies.  It's a great feeling to know you're missed by your boss but I hate the thought of putting Hannah and Olivia in daycare full time.  I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to my job and bringing home a paycheck again.  I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog again because things are DEFINITELY going to be a lot busier come Monday.  My routine I have now will be thrown for a whirl and we will all struggle with getting it right! 

Second random thought of the day is that I've actually made it to 3 months breast feeding Olivia!!!! For someone who thought I'd never make it, I've successfully breastfed and pumped milk to store for 3 whole months! WHOOO! HOOOO! This is a huge thing for me because I wasn't interested in breastfeeding, period.  I think that I didn't put the obligation on myself to do it and I said if it works out then I'll do it until it doesn't.  Now look, 12 weeks and 4 days later I'm still going strong!!! I've calculated that I've roughly stored over 1,300 ounces since day one (OMGGGGG!).  My goal is to give her breast milk until she is 6 months and then when we make it to that point we'll shoot for 9 months.  I am so happy that she will be fed breast milk while in daycare to hopefully help her fight off some of those nasty bugs going around. In turn I won't miss work and we won't have a 35 dollar copay to her doctor's office! Sounds great to me!

Third random thought of the day is the reason I've been gone for most of the week is because I had the worst possible stomach virus on Wednesday! I thought I was dying at about 1 p.m. because my stomach was cramping up due to all the heaving! I also had diarrhea and I continued down that road until yesterday! I was suffering from dehydration that I was having migraines, and my milk supply had decreased over 6 ounces a day! I was literally drying up!  I apologize if this is much to graphic for some of you, but I pray that this bug doesn't get you!!!!  I woke up about 5 a.m. to feed Olivia and that's when the diarrhea started, the vomiting started about 30 minutes later.  I called my wonderful MIL to come over and take care of Olivia because I so didn't want to be around her with this mess.  This bug comes with vomiting, diarrhea, sweats, chills, extreme stomach cramping and loss of appetite.  I dropped 4 pounds in 4 days.  Finally on day five I feel almost 100%, some foods still make me nauseous to eat but I am finally on the mend, FINALLY! And NO... I am not pregnant! My mother asked me the other day when I was talking to her about it.  lol

Fourth random thought of the day.... I am loving some crock pot cooking!!! I am not a great cook actually I don't cook enough to become a great cook, so recently Kyle and I took up crock pot cooking!  I tell ya, crock pots are really one of the greatest inventions! We've made lasagna, stew beef, roast with veggies, chili, pintos.  Our list is continuing to grow and will get even bigger since I'm starting back to work.  It's SO EASY! 

Fifth random thought of the day, I'm starting Hannah in horse back riding lessons! I took her to get her feel the other day and I would be saying it lightly if I said she had a blast!!!  I thought she may like dance or gymnastics (and she still could after all she is only 2) but she is an outdoorsy kind of girl.  She loves to have bows in her hair and I love to dress her up but she wants to be outside with all the critters.  She reminds me of myself so much when I was a little girl, meaning nothing scared me (besides roller coasters) I was such a tom boy, fearless.  Watching her ride around (with me and without me) on the horse with a huge smile on her face was priceless!! When it was time to go I said come on Hannah time to go bye, bye... She said noooo, stay here! She would have let me leave her. 

Sixth random thought of the day.... Warm weather!!! I'm so loving the beautiful days and warmer weather! I am a spring, summer, fall kind of girl!!! But if I have to deal with 3 or 4 months of wintery cold days then I'm okay with that.  It makes me love the warm sunny days that much more.  I can't wait to get Hannah to a pool this summer she's going to love it (me too)!  We're planning a week long beach trip in August and I'm about to pop with excitement.  Our heart is also in the winding roads in the mountains so we plan on making tons of weekend trips up there as well. 

Warm weather also means... School, seventh random thought of the day.  I still have that dream of getting my bachelors degree in business administration.  So I'll slowly make my way to it one or two classes at a time and I know I will eventually walk across the stage at GWU and be handed the one thing I've worked years towards!!! What a rewarding feeling that will be!!

Finally, eighth and last random thought of the day, dieting.  I hate, despise, detest, dislike, loathe, you name it that is how I feel about dieting!! Pretty bad huh? Well, I don't mind changing up my diet a tad bit here and there.  But I can't go hard core and cut out this or that.  I want to still enjoy what I eat when I eat it.  If I want to eat less of something then that's what I do, if I want to splurge every now and then, then I do. I do want to be healthier but I'll go about doing it by eating less not cutting out!

Well thanks for visiting :)) Wish me luck on my first day back to work and say a small prayer for me that I'll not only hear the alarm clock but that I'll get up! Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made this post!!! It's been a while. Thinking of you today as you start you first day back to work. You will make it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...