Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Olivia is 4 months old!

Say whaaat? I'm almost in shock at this! I mean wasn't it yesterday that I was in the hospital delivering her? 


Well, you have been one busy little girl.  No you aren't walking yet but you are changing at an insane rate!

Whats new?
  • Cooing at me it's the sweetest sound besides your occasional giggle that just tears me right up! I do whatever I can to hear that sweet sound bubble out of you which is seldom.  You smile so big and make this sort of hiccuping sound that I think it's coming, but then it doesn't. 
  • You kick your legs when you are excited
  • Bath time is a favorite time for you
  • You have a touch of separation anxiety (but I don't mind it)
  • You sleep through the night (since you were 10 weeks old)
  • You've tasted cereal but are not a fan yet but I'm not really pushing it either
  • You found your fist and fingers and LOVE them
  • You also found your toes and find them very interesting.  It amazes me that a person, no matter how small, can practically curl up into a ball like that and reach their toes to their mouth without so much as a grunt!
  • You are rolling from your stomach to your back.  You can roll all the way over to your side and stare at something but when you are on your back that's the way you stay unless we help you out some.  But you do not stay on your tummy long if we put you there, you roll right over on to your back.
  • You focus on everything and get distracted with everything.  More and more every day do I notice you get distracted easier.  That means that you are growing and changing because you are getting further from that tiny newborn and closer to that curious infant/toddler stage. 
  • You are falling fast in love with your big sister.  She cracks you up constantly and when she comes into the picture you can't stop looking at her.  This serious expression takes place on your face like you are studying her and then you burst into a huge smile/hiccup like you've just seen the funniest thing ever!
  • You are officially the best baby ever! I may be a bit bias but I am also going off of what EVERYONE who is around you or has been around you.  They say your so laid back and easy going, such a happy baby, and half the time your content weather your laying down or being held. 
  • You are in the 75th percentile in height and only the 25th to 50th percentile in weight.  I believe you are going to be long and skinny!
  • Your eyes have changed! But I still cannot tell what color they will be.  No lie, sometimes they look dark blue, sometimes dark gray, then they will look a brownish gray, and sometimes hazel, sometimes they appear to be a lighter gray and then like today they looked a dark green! So who knows what color they will turn out to be!


I see the huge growth spurt you've had since your pictures at Maryvale not even 2 months ago! You will probably seem huge by the time you are 6 months old! I am absolutely crazy about this little girl and my love for her is no more or no less than that I feel for Hannah.  So many mothers feel anxiety when they are pregnant with baby #2, afraid they wont love them as much or afraid they will show some favoritism.  But trust me because I am going through this right now and I love both of my girls equally.  I often feel like my heart will explode because of the amount of love I have for them.  I am so proud of them and I love showing them off to family and friends.  I am overly protective of them both and I am sure I'll be that way forever.  I love them for their different personalities and I love them for their similarities.  No they are not perfect children and I am not a perfect mom but I know they are perfect for me and I am a perfect mom in their eyes (right now) and because of them I strive to be better every day!!!

Please, please, please don't grow up too fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

(NOTE: Every picture in this post her eyes appear to be a different color!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...