Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slowly but Surely

Today marks day 4 without an ounce of soda!!!!!!!!

Did you read that?  DAY F.O.U.R!!!!!!!!  I am so proud of myself for this accomplishment. Especially since I didn't even CHEAT! The first two days were the hardest but day 3 it wasn't on my brain 24/7.  I seriously think I was addicted to the stuff.  I was chewing my fingers like crazy because I was craving it so badly!  Today seems like an even more of an accomplishment because I actually DO NOT want it.  Sure I'd like one but I don't feel like I NEED one. 

Call me crazy/weird/strange, whatever you'd like but I'm seriously proud of myself!  I still get my caffeine fix but with coffee and I drink it with creamer but it's sugar free.  I'm trying to cut out a lot of sugars and FINALLY on day 4 I feel like I've conquered it.  Now don't get me wrong I still eat cake when its around and if I want ice cream with chocolate syrup all over it I'll help myself to some. But no more soda's for this girl!

I'm slowly trying to get myself back into a healthier me and I feel like I've conquered my biggest problem (besides working out and that is just laziness on my part). I have slowly started decreasing my portions when I eat and Ive replaced a few bad snacks with healthier choices and my meal selections are a bit healthier as well! Oatmeal instead of Toaster Strudels:

Nutrition Facts

Pillsbury - Toaster Strudel Pastries - Cream Cheese & Strawberry


Calories180Sodium180 mg
Total Fat8 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated4 gTotal Carbs24 g
Polyunsaturated2 gDietary Fiber1 g
Monounsaturated3 gSugars8 g
Trans0 gProtein3 g
Cholesterol5 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron4%


VERSUS
 

Nutrition Facts

Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Bananas and Cream

Calories130Sodium170 mg
Total Fat3 gPotassium105 mg
Saturated1 gTotal Carbs26 g
Polyunsaturated1 gDietary Fiber2 g
Monounsaturated1 gSugars9 g
Trans0 gProtein3 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A20%Calcium10%
Vitamin C0%Iron20%
 
I am also trying to eat SmartOnes for lunch instead of other meals.  I can only eat so much of them before I'm just sick of them. So we'll see how it goes.
 
 
 
So far my favorite are:
  • Lasagna
  • Salisbury Steak and Mac&Cheese
  • Chicken Parmesan
  • Spinach Alfredo
The list is growing but not much....

I know it's not much but it's a start!  And a week from Monday I'll be starting the Insanity workout DVD with a girlfriend of mine (as long as my girls cooperate) ha! I must be INSANE to try this but I'm hoping for the best of course as always!! What ways do you have to become healthier?  Vi Shakes, smoothies, meal plans? What works for you? Let me know so maybe I can try it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...