Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hello Baby!

First of all I want to wish a Happy Birthday to the best husband a girl could ask for! He has seen me at my very best and most definitely at my worst and I could never thank our God enough for blessing me with Kyle!

Now.... (drumb roll please).... Here is "our" story.....

It was a Sunday about 3 weeks ago that I noticed I was feeling a little bit "funny" or "off" in some way.  We had lunch at our church that day and I found myself with absolutely NO appetite and I was even a bit nauseous so I turned my head away from my meal (which NEVER happens) and I decided to nibble only enough so my stomach wasnt churning! We were on our way home and I was trying to figure out why in the world I would be nauseous?! I had no clue and trust me I mean that pregnancy was the last thing I suspected... Why? Well because with Hannah  I had no "morning" sickness and so I was thinking I was caught a bug or some illness going around at Hannahs daycare.

I called my sister and was talking to her on our way home and I mentioned me feeling so ill, she tells me "hey why dont you go home and take a pregnancy test?" I was thinking why in the heck would I need to do that? I wouldnt be pregnant... right? So I get home and I had a test from ohhh only 2 years ago. I ripped it open and peed on the stick.  I sat it down and waited and then I looked at it seconds later and there it was a plus sign clear as it comes.  I did a double, triple, even a quadruple look and then I thought hmmm... Maybe it is because it was an old test... So we ran to the store after and I got another pregnancy test.... Please let me mention we all know I have had one child and even though that was the case I still felt like a teenager sneaking around doing something terrible when I was seaching through those pregnancy tests.  Anyway, I grab one two and go! Of course I had to buy a magazine, some lotion, a pack of gum and a couple other oddities, I dont know, maybe I was hoping the cashier would notice the big pink box that said FIRST RESPONSE...

Well we get home and I of course have to wait on my bladder to fill and I pee on the stick and not one but 2 lines fill the empty space immediately and then just to be sure I took another one... and another one.... They were ALL positive... WOW! That was when it began to SINK in...

This was test # 3....
I call the doctor on that Monday after and she tells me I have to wait 3 weeks! WHAT?! I was so upset I wanted them to see me immediately and say yes you are pregnant or no they were all false positives.... I know not really possible I guess? 

So 3 weeks went by slowly and like I said earlier I really didnt feel pregnant and the morning all day sickness comes in waves some days I feel GREAT and some days I feel like I dont want to get out of bed much less go to work because I feel I could throw up any second!!! GROSS right?!

Finally May 5 came rolling around and we made it to our appointment on time, of course, we were ready to find out the details! And I breifly speak with the doctor and she sends me in for an ultrasound! (The best part in my opinion!) Im laying there anxious and nervous, excited and over joyed, yet calm and collected! All these emotions running through me like electricity all for one little heart beat!

Seriously!! I had forgot about that love bubble you form when you see your baby for the first time, and see its extremely tiny body and watching its heart beat so quickly!

The ultrasound tech gets the thing in the right position and then...... HELLO BABY!!!! I saw its little heart just beating away (at 126 beats per minute) and I had to fight the tears away! Its an amazing experience when you see your 1st child but with the 2nd child you know you have been truly blessed and it is just a beautiful moment! I know personally all the joy a child can bring to my life and I see that God has blessed me with another and I know that it will be double the EVERYTHING!

Hello Baby! We are patiently waiting its arrival on or near CHRISTmas Day! Thats right we are supposed to have a Christmas baby! What a wonderful way to celebrate life? We are thrilled to death and I cant wait to watch this little one grow as I have watched Hannah! And boy does it go fast!

We are putting our bets in it being a boy! We wont find out until July but I am pretty sure that is what it will be!

Please keep our new little blessing in your prayers that it will continue to grow and be healthy likes he/she sister!

OMG!!!! Hannah is going to be a BIG SISTER!!!!! WOW! :)


Have a great day!

Oh and of COURSE I had to share a couple ultrasound pictures with you!!!
Its just the size of a grain of rice but isnt it beautiful?!


Here is Hannah's school picture!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this story. Charlie told me last night when he saw Kyle's FB page. So excited for yall. Your past post of baby fever was probably an insight to what was around the corner. Praying for lil Ledbetter to stay safe, healthy, and snuggled right where he/she needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks Mary! I have to say when I posted that in my blog I had absolutely NO clue we would end up pregnant a short time later! We were totally surprised and one would think since they were pregnant before that I would notice such things but saying this one is so different would be a complete understatement! I hope you are still feeling well and you look beautiful as ever! Take care Momma! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...