Friday, May 20, 2011

To 7 years and our First Family Beach Trip!

Tuesday, May 17 was 7 amazing years with Kyle! We were talking a while back wondering how do we know exactly when we started dating... I said I'm pretty sure we just picked that day because we were never sure when we decided to make it "official". So there you have it, it has been some of the best, hardest, amazing, exciting, and learning years of both of our lives, and with each passing day it gets that much better! I could never have found a better partner to share my life with and to say he is an amazing father just wouldnt say enough. But that is a constant thing I have always said and I always knew that he would be. So here is to 7 years babe! I am looking forward to the next 7+ years!

Life isnt always but can be a BEACH!!!!

Yes, that is exactly what we did ohhhh for the last 4 days! When I we have needed a vacation so badly that we start packing a week before and being my forgetful self I was so excited and ready to leave Sunday morning that I totally forgot ALL my makeup!!! I didnt even care, all I wanted was to be out of L-Town for a while, we could pick up the slack later!

We got to the beach (Cherrygrove) around 2:30 and check-in time wasnt until 4, so we headed to Walmart to get a few snacks and breakfast for those few days. When we finally finished there we realized it was only 3:30 ughhhh we wanted to be in that room so badly, because I guess we felt that that meant we were really, really there! I figured what the heck maybe they will let us check-in a little early. NOPE... They took their time to check the room to make sure it was ready for us and for some reason that took 30 minutes! 4 o'clock was here and we got the keys, unloaded the car and made our way to the 15th floor to our room!!!

I love that smell once you step foot out of the car, you know the salty smell that and when the is no longer dirt on the side of th road but sand and as you get closer you start to notice more pine trees and palm trees and less oak trees!

We get to the room and immediately started unpacking and decided to go ahead and grab a bite to eat. Our first stop was Bennett's Calabash Seafood Buffet.... I will add that we wont be returning.... The food was awful and the service was even worse! All that was okay though because we throughly enjoyed the other two restrauants while we were there. The 2nd night we ate at a hole in the wall called Duffy's Seafood Shack and I LOVED THAT PLACE. My boss recommended it to me before we left. Funny thing is, is that after we at there we noticed about 3 or 4 other places with the SAME name! ha! So I'm guessing that was the right place. Then Tuesday night we at out at a place called Biminis which was also a seafood place (hole in the wall), but it was delicious!

Hannah did so well she wasnt crazy about the ocean but it was freezing, no we didnt take her in it that would be nuts, but we did let her put her feet in it and play in the sand for a while. She was crazy about the baby pool either but we worked with her and she seemed to like it okay after a while, but she still wasnt crazy about it either. She slept so well and I have to admit I was a little afraid that she wouldnt because as most know that babies and even toddlers need/live off of routine and I was so afraid that the different noises and smells would keep her restless and she would surely wake up several times at night but again she proved me wrong! She slept through the entire night all 3 nights and it was awesome, I guess we really wore her out!?

During the day since it really didnt reach above 80 degrees we decided to ditch the pool and headed out to Barefoot Landing one day, Tanger Outlets one evening and then Broadway at the Beach a different day. Needless to say we had a great time and I cant wait until our next trip but who knows when that will be.

Summer classes will be in full spring in less than a week and I am not sure how ready I am for them, but it has to be done, and so it will.

Here are a few pictures to show our great time!

Arriving at the Prince Resort!

Toes in the water

Barefoot Landing

Hannah loved the balcony

And the sand she got it all over her!

Tanger Outlets

Cherrygrove Pier


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...