Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's A....

Tonight we revealed to all of our family the sex of our second child by having our first Gender Reveal Party! It was so much fun! When everyone arrived, which was immediate family only. We kicked off the night with what I crave most... anything Italian! I decided to make a simple but delicious meal that doesn't require a lot of prep work (my kinda meal) I don't know the actual name for it so I just call it Mac & Cheese Lasagna!


Sorry I dont have a final picture of it baked...
I am sure you can add whatever ingredients to it you like but since I was feeding 7 others I went with Plain Jane! I layered the meat sauce and the mac & cheese and sprinkled Cheddar cheese in between the layers, I then baked it for about 15 to 20 minutes and it was done!

My MIL brought the salad as our veggie which I am addicted to salads so that was a plus too.  She also brought the sweet tea and we chowed down and conversed for the next hour or so.  When we finished our meal, my sister who is due in like a week and her hubs helped me clean off the table and get the dessert ready.


The dessert was the most exciting part.  We revealed to our family what the gender of our newest addition was by adding the color to the inside of the cup cakes (actually fairly easy too).  So we handed out cup cakes and ice cream.  I then said everyone had to take a bite of their cup cake at the same time. 

TEAM BLUE!!!!

And as soon as they did the color BLUE was revealed! There were hoots and hollers because someone guessed right or because someone guessed wrong but it was a great time and I am glad I was able to mark this down in the scrap books as a memory that revealed whether we would have an Olivia or a Blake and Blake won this time!

TEAM BLUE!!!!! Hannah gets a little brother! :)

A little blurry but you get the gist!
We have a named picked out and it was sort of a back up name from when we had Hannah.  Kyle's full name is Johnathan Kyle Ledbetter and his first name is a family name.  We wanted to keep that name in the family.  So we decided to go with Johnathan Blake Ledbetter and we will call him Blake! Don't you just love? We are so excited to see what this little guy will turn out looking like.. Mom or Dad? And what he has in store for us. The anticipation is always there, I don't think it matters if its your 2nd baby or your 5th baby!
Not only do I love this picture of my big brother Lee (haha) but it was a great picture of the cup cake
it really showed how the middle only was BLUE!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! A Boy!!! You will love having a little boy!!! They are precious!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...