Friday, July 29, 2011

Just a Slight Surprise....

To say it was a slight surprise would be me not being honest with you... I WE were totally shocked! Well shocked doesn't really cover it either but it will do for now, I am pretty sure you get the gist of it.

Anyway, today we had our final ultrasound, the one that checks for any abnormalities, such as a cleft lip, heart issues, stomach, bladder, spine, brain all that kind of stuff.  As you know we found out 3 or so weeks ago that we were going to bring a little guy into the world come December. We were totally thrilled a little girl and a little boy, the perfect pair and I we wouldn't have to worry about any more babies after that (basically we were finished having kids).

Lets step back a few weeks before we found out about our boy on the way.  I had been having dreams about a little girl making her appearance and I even had a little gut feeling that we were even having a girl.  But because so many people truly "felt" like we were having a boy I guess I began to believe the same.  Not to mention all of the differences between this pregnancy and my previous pregnancy with Hannah.

Fast forward to today, we get up and get ready and make our way to my OB doctor. We get there and wait for about 5 to 10 minutes, the ultrasound tech takes us back to her room and asked us what we felt like it was going to be....

Side note!!! We decided to not tell them because some doctor offices don't like you doing ultrasounds on the "side" for lack of better words. So when she tells its a boy we were going to act all surprised like we just found out!

I speak up because Kyle never really gave her his opinion but I said "I feel like its going to be a boy because everything has been opposite from my pregnancy with my daughter!"  She says okay well lets find out!

She puts the little wand on my belly and instantly pops up our little angel! It still amazes me that, that baby who only weighs 9 ounces and is the size of a sweet potato is in my belly!  My eyes are instantly glued to the screen. I try to make all the ooo's and ahhh's like you do when you see it for the first time since your 12 week appointment which even from 3 weeks ago (16 weeks pregnant)  the little one has grown so much! So most of the ooo's and ahhh's were real (most lol)


The tech continues inspecting the baby showing us its bladder, heart, spine, ribs, feet, brain, face all the sweet little details of its body.  When she moves down to where you would spot the "privates".  She has the wand thing on my belly and we or at least I see something and I was like "is it a boy?" She said "that is just its umbilical cord, don't mistake that for its genitals"  So she continued to look, and look, and look... She finally says, "well guys you are having a girl..." I said what or huh or repeat (shock had set in so I cant really remember what I said...) She said you are having a girl, there is nothing there that even looks like it would be a boy...

I then tell her while I was dying laughing that we needed to confess something and I proceed to tell her the entire story about us finding out about the boy! Her words were "well I don't know what that lady was looking at, because there is NOTHING there!" She then tells me that sometimes the people that work at those places are just certified and haven't been doing it long enough to really know what to look for, so on and so forth. 

  So yes Blog Family we will be welcoming a little girl come December!!! And because we had a boy name and a girl name picked out for this reason exactly, we are planning on calling her 
Alivia Marie Ledbetter!

Kyle and I walked in that office with a boy and shockingly left with a girl! We are more than thrilled because there were no issues that she saw and everything was right on the growth track! She was a little squirm-er and had fun stretching out and patting her little face with her hand!  To be completely honest I am still quite shocked. But I know how much I appreciated my sister over the years even though we got into some pretty ugly arguments we still ended up best friends at the end of the day, so I pray that Hannah and Aliva will be the best of friends (one day) because I know ALLLLLL about having a sister close to you in age (with all the sharing of the clothes, shoes, hair stuff, showers etc.!) But all those fights were totally worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad I got to hear the story. I didn't realize that when you first went it wasn't your normal OB. haha. Well my sister and I had a great relationship like you and Lydia. So I am sure it will be the same with Hannah & Alivia.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...