Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Little Getaway!

I am about to explode with excitement!! We are leaving tomorrow evening for Charleston and I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa to come!  The past three weeks have been so stressful for me and I've felt a bit smothered with all the life changing decisions we've endured.  Not to mention my grandfathers death, a good family friend lost his wife after a long hard battle of cancer, and now I've got news that my other grandfather is not doing well.  When I reduced my hours of work a week down to part-time my boss decided (after it was approved) that my position was a full time position and I was going have to swap positions with another girl.  I totally understood the reasoning behind that, however, my problem was that it was approved, I gave notice to reduce my hours on a Monday, got everything squared away that afternoon and Tuesday with daycare, and Wednesday was  a normal day like any other, but come Thursday afternoon at 4 p.m. my boss's boss and my boss sat me down to tell me its not going to work.  They ask me if this was reversible, first of all there is ALWAYS a waiting list at the girls daycare so as soon as I spoke with the Sisters the very next day they filled their spots.  So NO! This was not reversible! I was pouting about it for almost a week when I decided that it wasn't worth the time it was taking to think about it and I had much more important things to stew over.  After all who knows where I'll be once I finish college?  I may find a more suitable job closer to home. Like I said who knows?

So with everything flying around in my head, to say it's been a rough month is the understatement of the year!  Even with a new position (in a department that I'm not even majoring in) and the fact we have been surrounded by a lot of sadness I feel like this little getaway is most certainly necessary.  I by no means regret the decision we made for me to stay home 3 days a week with my girls.  It's been such a joy to spend much needed mommy time with them.  Home is where my heart is and it is where I am supposed to be.  And I feel quite lucky that I am able to do this. 

Oh! And I've started classes back for the summer session!  I was worrying myself to death about a week before they started wondering what were they going to be like, how demanding they would be, how many papers was I going to have to write.  It was useless for me to do this but I wanted so badly to get started because I love being ahead on my assignments.  So far like always I overreacted and the classes will be challenging but not impossible!

Back on the Charleston topic... Kyle's brother Bradley lives in Charleston so that will be who we stay with.  Because of such a long trip with both girls in tow we are having my in-laws take Hannah on down with them Thursday morning.  We won't get there until around 8 or 9 if not later (we're not leaving until Kyle gets off work), we don't want her to be pinned up in the car for 4 hours only to get there and she's wired for another 4 hours, and she won't go to bed until midnight!

I'm very excited to spend a little one on one time with Olivia.  I rarely get to spend any time with her by herself anymore so I'm looking forward to our day together!  We are meeting a long time good friend Winter for lunch and then continue packing (what feels like our entire house!).  Hannah was only 4 months old the last time we visited so we are all really excited to stick our toes in the Charleston sand again!



Hannah @ 4 months old
1st time with toes in the sand!



Can't wait to see an "updated" picture of us!!!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...