Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ten Things You Would Say to Your 16 Year Old Self...

Day 4 of 30 Blogs in (not really) 30 Days.....

  1. I would tell my 16 year old self to not worry about boys! That at 25 they are a lot more exciting than at 16.... 
  2. I would tell my 16 year old self that quitting is not an option.  That team you joined stick with it.  Communicate with the coach's and let them know when something isn't working well with you. 
  3. Go ahead and get on birth control... It nearly saved your life (not because of pregnancy but because of the weeks where you had the-worst-cramps-in-the-world!)
  4. I would tell my 16 year old self to not sell my beautiful barrel horse.  You will lose him forever if you do!
  5. I would tell my 16 year old self to study harder and play less!  Partying can come after college.  And right now you need to learn the best study skills possible!!!
  6. I would tell my 16 year old self "Good Job!!" for turning that guy down who tried to make the moves!
  7. I would tell my 16 year old self that the arguments you have with your parents just aren't worth it.  In the end you will always lose, even if you get the permission (it was never what you were expecting anyway).
  8. I would scream at my 16 year old self to stop being so self conscious, you have a fabulous body and enjoy it while it last (only about 6 to 7 more years).  And basically stop being so dramatic about everything! You will find your place in life, it takes time!!!
  9. I would tell my 16 year old self that the ride might seem fun but finish college FIRST! It would be a whole lot more fun if you would have just waited!!!  Having to babies is the best thing EVER but it makes life 92783943823 times more difficult when you want to finish your BS BA. 
  10. Lastly, I would tell my 16 year old self to just live in the moment.  You're only 16 once and it will go by in a flash.  Be a kid, don't grow up too fast, and have the time of your life.  Because it is the only time you will ever feel truly carefree....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...