Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Giving Thanks for 30 days!

4 Days behind goodness I'm a slacker or I'm just really busy!

Day 11~ On day 11 I was thankful for finally completing a paper that was due on Monday! wooo whooo! I was thrilled.  I had dreaded typing it all semester and once I got started it flowed really well.  So no more projects due that was it and its done so now I just need to worry about 3 more test and 2 finals and I can officially kick this semester in the butt!

Day 12~ Day 12 was a great day.  Although I didn't get any house work completed I was able to catch up on loads of assignments that are due in the next 2 weeks so now I somewhat ahead of schedule and honestly there is no better feeling that feeling like your ahead! Pawpaw watched Hannah and Kyle washed a few cars for date night cash!

Day 13~ This was the day that made me even more thankful for the fire department!  Long story short Kyle was trying to light a fire in our wood stove because it was going to be a cold night and once it was started none of the smoke would flow up and out of the chimney!!! It was flooding into our house, Kyle shut the door to the wood stove and it started coming out around the door.  Within 30 or 45 minutes the room was filled with smoke, which set the alarms off, which dispatched the fire department which was actually pretty embarrassing... But by the time they checked the chimney to see what was blocking it (which was NOTHING) and putting the small fire out in the wood stove our ENTIRE house smelled like fire! It was full of smoke and with Hannah having pneumonia I really didn't want her to be in that house.  They offered to get the smoke out with some special fan and that worked in about 10 or 15 minutes.  Our house was free of smoke the fire department left and that was when the crazy cleaning lady came out in me!!! I couldn't stand the smell of the smoke and it each room it smelled like a burnt match! YUCK! So I was able to get most of the smell out and by this morning it was barely there! So I realized how thankful I was for our firemen because I don't know how in the world we would have gotten all that smoke out of the house. 

Day 14~ This day I am thankful for being busy at work! I have been slammed lately with new responsibilities being added (yay!!) and such, and it has made for a busy past couple of weeks! And I am loving it! I barely notice the day passing because I am so busy and the sooner I get home to my loves the better! 

Day 15~ Today I am thankful for antibiotics.  We found out Tuesday, November 4th that my sweet girl had a sinus infection which brought on a cough and at that point she'd had it for a few weeks (not a fever once!).  We were able to help her with the little colds cough remedy but that was it.  The doctor gave her amoxicillin and it seemed like her cough got worse and worse after she started taking it.  I was just not happy, it was making her miserable and she was losing sleep.  So I decided to not wait until Friday (as the dr instructed me) and took her on Tuesday November 8th.  The dr listened to her chest and realized she had developed pneumonia in her right lung!! This was her first bout of pneumonia!!! The cough was horrible and the weasing sounded awful too!  He had her oxygen checked and she was still in the higher range which was great but he said if I would have waited until Friday she would have been sick and feverish! A stronger antibiotic was prescribed and it finally started kicking in on the 14th I noticed a huge decrease in her coughing spells and she just looks like she feels better!  PRAISE THE LORD! So on day 15 I am sooooo thankful for antibiotics that work! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...