Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pregnancy Doubts and Pregnancy Updates!!!!

35 weeks means 5 weeks... or less left until Olivia is here!  It also means that Christmas is 5 weeks away too!!

Although I am extremely excited about meeting this new little addition of ours I know that it is only a matter of time that I will have to share her with everyone else in the world!  Dont get me wrong I want her to get her share of loving from friends and family but I know how fast the time flies because I see it with Hannah and I want just a little while longer to love on her myself, get to know her and enjoy her.  Maybe this isnt normal, maybe it is.  I obviously prefer to think it is normal but I can't help but be a little selfish with my girls.  I adore Hannah and I know I will adore her baby sister just as much.  Hannah is such a momma's girl (right now) and I can't help but love that! Call me crazy but I love that she wants me when she gets a "booboo", or when she wakes up in the morning, reads a book, or wants a bath! All those little things squeeze my heart and make it melt like butter!

I guess it's possible that I'm rambling on and on because my hormones have been peaking lately but whatever the reason I have started having these feelings...

I also have started having some anxiety about having the baby.  Anxiety about things like will I be able to give Hannah attention like I do now?  Will I have a shorter temper and lose my patience with Hannah more often because of the baby?  Will Olivia be fussy? What if they both cry at the same time... Who's first? Can I do this? I know to a person who doesnt have kids these things seem a bit like nonsense but to me who already has one child the doubt easily creeps in and gives me this anxious, nervous feeling... THAT I HATE!

I pray about it and I pray that I CAN DO THIS! I am usually overwhelmed by Gods grace and a sense of peace comes over me knowing that I CAN do this.  He pushes those doubts aside and I get this feeling of accomplishment with Hannah and that gives me additional peace because I know I did it with her and that I CAN do it with Olivia as well. 

With that being said I'll move right along to my 35 week update (even though its LATE, story of my life)!  :)

How Far Along: 
35 weeks and 2 Days

Total Weight Gained: 
21 lbs

Maternity Clothes:
Maternity all the way!

Sleep: 
I believe (maybe its in my head) but I believe that OK is dropping some
I feel more pressure on my bladder these days so I usually have to get up
once a night to pee!!  

Best Moment of the Week: 
The plain and simple fact that I only have a 2 day work week because its 
THANKSGIVING!!!! 

Food Cravings:
Ceral and milk! Frosted Flakes have been my favorite this week!

Food Aversions:
Anything greesy.... I started having the worst stomach aches lately because of my
"wise" choices so I'm staying the heck away from fries, chips, ketchup, burgers,
hotdogs, chili you name it if it looks like it will cause a stomach ache I'm staying away from it!

Stretch marks:
The only battle scars so far are from my lovely
Hannah (I wouldn't mind if that was how it stayed too) 

Belly button: 
Definitely an outie!

Symptoms:  
Acid over production because of OK is growing!  Still having some hip pain,
like when I climb in bed or step over something.

My BP:
98/58

Movement:
Her movement has actually decreased a little bit.  It's like she is sleeping more during the
day now.  I constantly feel her when she has hiccups and I feel huge movements now instead
of the sweet little nudges I'd get just a couple of weeks ago!
Gender: 
TEAM PINK! :)

Baby's Name:
Olivia Kate 


What I miss:
I still miss sleeping on my belly...  And being able to pick up Hannah with out struggling
and I'm adding another to the list... Being able to walk and talk without being out
of BREATH!

 
Milestones:
The most exciting news is that I hadnt gained any weight from my last appointment 2 weeks ago! When my OB appointments started I weighed 137 lbs and as of Friday I weighed 158!!!
By my ninth month with Hannah I had gained 40 lbs!!! YIKES!
Also another goal that I have reached which I still have 5 weeks left to meet
it perfectly but that goal was to be able to wear my wedding rings throughout
this pregnancy... So far they still fit like usual! I had to purchase a little $10 fake band
last time because my fingers had gotten so fat lets hope I wont have to waste $10 on that!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Erica! You are a great mom, and yes it will take some adjusting to have two kids, but i have no doubt that you can do it and do it amazingly well!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...