Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tears....

My blog has mainly been about baby Olivia lately, but with all of these teachers, mom's, and students going back to school this year has made me a bit more emotional than last year.  Why? Well, the only reason I can figure is that with me having my own little girl (who seems to be growing so fast, if you hadnt noticed) knows how quickly time passes and I know it will be like 3 and 1/2 years from now but I see how the last 2 years have passed us by! I am very obviously excited to be in with all the rush; packing lunches, buying school supplies, meeting teachers, and finally that walk down the hall way to my baby girls first classroom ever.  I already know that I will be a nervous wreck that day and I may cry my eyes out because I can see her saying "momma, I've got this... this is big girl school".  I guess that would be better than her clinging to my legs for dear life begging me not to leave her with a room full of strangers...
Who knew that such a little person can have such a huge impact on your life?



I vaguely remember my first day of kindergarden and I absolutely dreaded it!  I remember I had just had my hair cut (off).  The reason being I was such a momma's girl I wanted to look just like her... Well short hair on me looked much more different than it looked on her!!! I hated it and I didnt want to be left in that room for one second with out my momma.... I obviously survived it but it was difficult time for me. 

I hope that Hannah embraces her ability to learn new things.  I hope that the Lord makes her strong against the hardness of this world and helps her see with a "new" light and always an open mind. 

I am OBVIOUSLY still quite emotional about my little girl starting school one day and but I know that, that is just another part of learning to let go.  I still believe my own little saying is still so true:

 "Letting go doesnt start when you let her spend the night away from home, take her to her first day of school, watch her go on their first date, or walk her down the aisle.... It happens when bring that child into this world... At that point they are no longer only yours..."

It may sound a little depressing and I am sorry if it does, it is truly just me stating a fact and a realization that I had only a year and a half ago.  To be honest though it doesnt help that I hear a Tim McGraw song on the radio and it says it all!!! I am such a sucker when it comes to "real life" songs. 

Anyway, I am not going to keep ranting and raving on how sad I am that my baby is growing so quickly and changing every day.  She is a 100 miles a minute and NEVER stops going... I love it!  

So here is to all mothers who have experienced taking their child to school the first time (not including daycare) I raise my glass to you.  I hope I have your strength on that special day to be able to smile, say have fun, and I'll see you soon and I love you... Without balling your eyes out infront of a bunch of 5 year olds...   I pray for the strength to at least make it to my car... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...